how to apply
The Hear the World Foundation is committed to improve the quality of life and promote equal opportunities for people with hearing loss globally. The Foundation has a special focus on projects that support children reach their development milestones and realize their full potential in life regardless of their hearing loss. The deadline for applications for funding in 2017/18 has already passed. Applications for funding in 2018/19 can be submitted here from November 1st 2017.
The Foundation supports hearing healthcare services with a special focus on:
- Programs for parents and families
- Prevention of hearing loss
- Professional training
The Hear the World Foundation supports selected projects financially as well as through the provision of hearing aids, hearing aid batteries, FM-systems, audiological equipment and professional expertise. The Hear the World Foundation will further consider replacement of donated hearing aids after 5 years. However to be eligible for replacement projects will have to re-apply through the regular application process.
1. Application to participate in the call for tender
Application for funding in 2018/19 can be submitted here from November 1st, 2017 until January 31st 2018. Based on the information provided, a decision will be made as to whether your project is eligible for support from the Hear the World Foundation.
2. Participation in the call for tender
Should your project meet the foundation’s criteria, we will forward to you a detailed application form, which you should then complete and return. There is a dedicated extended application form for organizations requesting donation of cochlear implant systems, so this should be clearly specified on the initial application form. You will be informed whether or not the Hear the World Foundation can support your project by no later than mid-May. Unfortunately, the large number of applications repeatedly compels us to turn down projects that we would like to support. We ask for your understanding for the fact that we are unable to provide detailed feedback on a rejected project.
Prerequisites for the funding of projects
The Hear the World Foundation has high demands with regard to the sustainability, prospects of success and quality of the funded projects. Only seemingly sustainable projects have any prospect of support.
In order to be able to help as many people as possible, the Hear the World Foundation focuses mainly on projects that benefit groups of people. Occasionally the Foundation will focus on individual children in need of help, through the “52 Children” Project.
- Projects to the success of which the beneficiaries themselves contribute.
- Projects that are integrated into local structures and cultures or that are firmly rooted in a scientific institution.
- Projects that are visualizable and presentable.
- Projects capable of being replicated in other places or under the aegis of other institutions.
We are not able to support
- Projects that do not clearly fulfil the requirements of the foundation.
- Requests from capital-related companies.
- Organizations or institutions already receiving support from another part of Hear the World i directly related organisations.
- Contributions to political campaigns or projects or to organizations with high political exposure.
- Contributions to the basic financing of institutions and other foundations.
- Contributions to infrastructure.
- Contributions to meetings, congresses and anniversaries.
- Student projects
For feedback or further information, please send an e-mail to applications(at)hear-the-world.com.